CMI RUG Consulting
Med e-care provides CMI RUG Consulting Services to a number of complex continuing care and long-term care facilities throughout Canada. We evaluate the expected case-mix and care level of residents to optimize the facility’s CMI-RUG score and help maintain or increase current funding levels. The main purposes of this evaluation are: determination of case-mix, projected funding levels and key areas of documentation that require refinement to facilitate optimizing the case-mix classification within an organization.
Each quarter our experts scan across each of the months and provide 3 distinct phases for each of them, consisting of:
- Monthly calls and/or visits to evaluate with staff the documentation for those residents whose CCRS assessments are due.
- Determines your potential CMI and the key areas of documentation that require refinement to optimize your CMI.
- Provide direction to your RAI Coordinator on ways to adapt your documentation that will enhance your CMI.
- Utilizes reports generated from MED e-care’s specialized MDS algorithm software as reference during the monthly CMI-RUG conference calls. This creates a tree analysis of your CMI based on the following: 105 RUG indicators, ADL, CCL and BDL scores, CPS scores, Diagnosis from both the CCRS and Care Plans, Progress notes and identified incidents, Alerts, Previous CCRS-MDS scores, Medications, Physicians notes
- Follow up calls and/or visits to ensure changes have been made in the system.
- Monthly feedback reports on CMI-RUG changes.